Navigation simulation: CH2M has directed navigation manoeuvring simulations for approach channels and turning/ berth basins for USA Gulf Coast and Middle East LNG terminals. The models were equipped to reflect the presentation the mariner would expect to see on the ship’s radar and bridge, and the simulations were performed using up to 250,000m3-capacity LNG carriers. Ship assist tugs were included in the models.
Mathematical modelling: Numerical modelling of the coastal and maritime environment plays an important part in port design. CH2M has a longstanding international track record for success in applying advanced modelling techniques to investigate wave transformation and agitation, sediment transport, current regimes, and hydrodynamic flows.
Berth design: CH2M’s staff possesses static and dynamic mooring analysis capabilities to determine passing ship effects. The company is experienced in layout and selection of fendering and mooring points to suit vessels’ dimensions, and expected berthing and mooring techniques. CH2M understands and takes into consideration different structural forms to suit different duties and conditions. Its staff can assist in the design of jetty furniture and local infrastructure as well as the layout of access trestles, loading platforms, mooring and breasting dolphins, catwalks, as topsides facilities.
Bulk materials handling equipment: Operators need to handle bulk products in a flawless and reliable system in order to minimize operative issues and handling costs. CH2M’s experience in study, concept design, cost estimate, sizing, detailed design, performance specification and procurement, delivery, assembly, installation, testing and commissioning support of state- of-the-art bulk handling systems including belt conveyors, belt feeders, vibratory feeders, hoppers, silos, shiploaders, ship-unloaders stackers, reclaimers, screening systems, crushing systems, railcar or trucks loading or unloading systems, dust collection or suppression systems, allows to support clients in all aspects of bulk handling equipment specification procurement and upgrade.
Bulk storage: CH2M offers large experience in the study, concept design, cost estimate, detailed design and supervision of construction for many different types of storage solutions, ranging from simple open stockyards to covered storages, vertical silos and others. This includes the logistics analysis for the definition of the required stockyard sizing, the study for the identification of the storage typology that best fits to the project requirements, optimization of available land utilization, stored
product flow analysis, technology selection for the stacking or reclaiming equipment. CH2M develops this kind of service with its own professionals and specialists or in some specific cases with world class specialized consultants.
Dock equipment: Operators need to unload and load vessels in the shortest possible time in order to minimize the ship’s time in port and the associated costs. CH2M’s experience in performance specification and procurement, delivery, assembly, installation, testing and commissioning support of mobile and stationary shiploaders and mobile, stationary, continuous or grab- type ship unloaders, allows to support clients in all aspects of Bulk handling equipment specification procurement and upgrade.
Logistics integration: bulk terminals are often associated to other land transportation infrastructures as a component of a larger logistic system. Handled products are often received or dispatched by railroad or regular trucks. CH2M can provide an integrated engineering package including railroads, railcars handling and storage infrastructure, railcars loading or unloading systems, roads, truck parking yards, trucks loading or unloading facilities and others.
Support structures and facilities: CH2M can deliver a complete multidisciplinary terminal engineering package covering all required support structures and facilities design, including earthworks, dredging, marine structures, roads and railroads design, foundations engineering, conveyor galleries and transfer towers structural engineering, architectural design, landscaping, electrical power distribution, fire protection, CCTV, access control, instrumentation and control systems, utilities generation and distribution, drainage collection and treatment and others.
- KSPC/PCT Potash Handling Facilities – FEL and EPCM brownfield project for a 2.2mtpa (million tonnes per annum) capacity potash export system integrated with PCT’s existing sulphur, glycol and canola handling infrastructure located in Port Moody, BC, Canada.
- gowest project – voestalpine – EPCM greenfield for a 2mtpa capacity hot briquetted iron production facility located in La Quinta, TX, USA.
- confidential project and client – owner’s engineering service for a coal fired power plant unloading berth, storage and handling system located in Thailand.
- Potasio Ri´o Colorado – Vale – conceptual, basic and detailed engineering for the development of a 4.3mtpa potash export sea port and compaction plant operation located in Bahi´a Blanca, Argentina.
- confidential project and client – feasibility study for a granular urea handling and shiploading trough for an existing sulphur handling system located in the United Arab Emirates.
- Renova Soybean oilseeds crushing plant – conceptual and basic engineering and EPCM for a complete soybean oilseed crushing plant of 6mtpa located in Timbues, Argentina.
- Corumba´ – Vale – Conceptual engineering for the development of tree river ports and a railroad loading facility located in Brazil and a sea port located on Uruguay. These four installations compose different technical alternatives for the 20mtpa iron ore export logistic chain from the Corumba´ mine located in Brazil.