The European Sea Ports Organisation (ESPO) wishes to express its solidarity with the Ukrainian Sea Port Authority (USPA), which unites all Ukrainian ports under one administration. The Ukrainian Sea Port Authority joined ESPO as observer member in 2018. ESPO is deeply concerned about the well-being of USPA’s employees and the whole Ukrainian port community. The thoughts of Europe’s ports are with them and their families, hoping for their safety.
Based in Brussels, the European Sea Ports Organisation ensures that seaports have a clear voice in the European Union. ESPO represents the common interests and promotes the common views and values of its members to the European institutions and its policy makers.
- ESPO assists its members in gaining a better understanding of policy initiatives of importance to the sector.
- ESPO assists European policy makers in better understanding the role and importance of port authorities, based both on its extensive knowledge of the sector and on reliable information and data.
- ESPO is also engaged in a continuous dialogue with all European stakeholders in the port and maritime sector.
- Finally, over the years, ESPO has turned into a unique knowledge network of European port authorities.
- ESPO was created in 1993.